Specifically, S.H. Figuarts.
For my consumer behavior class, I need to somewhat interview people and do a little presentation about it all. Who else to turn to other than the lovely people on Tumblr?
If possible could some of you reblog/reply to this and answer 1-2, or all of these questions so…
Name: Jose Luis
1. What is the most expensive Figuart that you have purchased? What was going through your mind when you bought it?
Hyper Kabuto, figuarts fans know he’s not all that expensive compared to exclusives and what not, but at the time I only had 50 dollars at comic con, and since I just got my Kabuto 2 or 3 days prior, I decided to get Hyper since none of the ones available really interested me
2. How long have you been buying S.H. Figuarts? (Weeks? Months? Years?)
What got you into collecting them? (Friends? Random interest?)
About a year and a half now, my firs figuart was KR W given to me from my ex for my birthday, needless to say I got hooked and started to get more and more
3. What compels you to keep buying Figuarts, and why? (i.e. ‘The suit designs’, ‘The story from the show makes me fall in love with the character and seeing it every day makes me remember it all.’ etc. etc.)
well I really love Kamen Rider and getting good merchandise is really expensive and the cheap merchandise isn’t all that worthwhile, so that’s why I go for figuarts, not too expensive, not too cheap
4. What usually catches your eye about a general Figuart design? (i.e. ‘The eyes.’, ‘I love the color, it’s one of my favorites.’. ‘The sculpt is just amazing.’)
How accurate it is to the show
5. Where do you usually purchase them from? (i.e. BigBadToyStore, AmiAmi, Mandarake)
So far 2 on comic con, the rest in different locations haha, tho I’m planning to get another one in BBTS
6. Tell me one thing or ‘ritual’ you do when buying a Figuart. (i.e. ‘If I see if at a cheap price I just buy it instantly on impulse!’, ‘I’ll scout around on different websites looking for the cheapest price.’, ‘I’ll resist buying something for a couple of weeks and if it’s still in stock I’ll just buy it.’ Seriously whatever you do.) /can be left blank if anything/
Always look for the cheapest price, also shipping, and usually what I’m doing is getting the base form, and then get the final form